Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nerdy Birthday Cake

We celebrated J's 2nd birthday this weekend with friends and family. I'll give you a run-down of everything we did later in the week in case you want to throw your own science party for your youngin'. Trust me, we all had a lot of fun!

In the meantime, I'll show you our nerdy cake, a scientist penguin, fondly named "Dr. Penguin" by one of the kids.  It was a collaborative effort between my husband and me.

Dr. Penguin

Family shot in front of the nerdy cake
In case you want it, marshmallow fondant is super easy to make, just melt down marshmallows and mix in almost a full bag of powder sugar.  Here's a good description of the marshmallow fondant recipe.  This is also fun for the kids to play with and eat!  I'm all for cooking science!

No comments:

Post a Comment