Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Parent and Children Interactions

There were two great articles floating around the internet this week about children.

First Lisa Bloom's article on the Huffington Post about how to talk to little girls - mainly by not talking about their image - made its way through Facebook statuses.  Then I was perusing CNN and came across LZ Granderson's article about raising his son to be a nerd.  I recommend reading both.  I like the second article a little better - mostly because it has my POV when it comes to parents taking interest in their kids' education.  Please be your child's cheerleader for their academic accomplishments!

On a personal note: being a nerd doesn't have to hurt your social life.  As my (somewhat jealous but more socially popular) sisters teased when I was growing up, "You're popular among the nerds."  Thanks sisters; I have the best friends!  It really is cool to use your brain!

1 comment:

  1. yeah you were popular among the nerds! You were one of the queen bees among them, but a nice queen bee, not one of those mean ones who stung everyone!

    ReplyDelete