Friday, June 15, 2012

Busy!

I won't bore you with too many details about how I've stayed up way later than I should.  It's getting down to the wire with the Pepsi Refresh Grant (end of spending 6/30), and I want to make the most out of it.  It's been a lot of fun, but my posts have been lacking.  I apologize and hope to get back to spreading super fun Nerdy Science soon.

So in the next 2 weeks, here's my schedule:
Today - BioX Kids Day @ Stanford (doing the Elbow lesson) - if you are there, swing by and say hi.
Tomorrow - Science in the Park Day, 9:30a-noon.  We'll be making rockets fly!  Please email me (see sidebar << for the link) for more information about the location.  There will be prizes and refreshments (and a nearby splash area since it might be over 90 deg).
Next Friday - Marshmallow structures on shake tables with 4-5 yr olds (at a preschool).
Next Saturday - Science in the Park Day, 9:30a-noon.  We'll be making structures out of toothpicks and marshmallows and testing them on our earthquake tables!  Please email me (see sidebar << for the link) for more information about location.  There will be prizes and refreshments (and hopefully not 90-100 deg weather).

Hopefully:
6/29 - Race cars with preschoolers
6/30 (tentative, pending I'm still sane) - Science in the Park Day, 9:30a-noon.  We'll be learning about friction by testing race cars on different surfaces.

Though sleeping is important to me, I'm very energized about Nerdy Science things making progress.  I also finally gave up diet soda in April (which I was supposed to do in August, when the Refresh Project sidelined that idea - power votes were crucial to winning) - so it truly is natural energy getting me through the days.  Words of encouragement are also very energizing.


Oh, ya!  I also have promotional Nerdy Science stickers with the new logo.  If you want to message me your address, I'd love to send you some (5-10) via snail mail (I won't keep or sell your information; I'll delete your address once the envelope is addressed).  I'll do it for the first 20 people to message me (email link on sidebar <<).  It might not make it out in the mail till early July, but you'll get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment