Today we taped some cellophane to flashlights and mixed colors. Yay, visible light!
Tips and tricks:
- Use lots of cellophane - if you think you need more, you probably do (for example, the blue flashlight pictured above needs more cellophane).
- So we didn't have 3 rolls of cellophane in our small living space, we purchased red and yellow cellophane bags for 99 cents (and have lots left over) - a blue bag wasn't available in bag form at our local craft store, so we bought a roll of blue.
- Scotch tape works just fine to hold the cellophane to the flashlights.
- It works best if the two flashlights are the same type and size (see yellow and red above). We ended up switching the flashlight for the blue/red pictures below.
- Shine the lights on a piece of white paper.
- Shine the lights on non-white surfaces - which works better?
- Turn down the surrounding lights.
It's actually really hard to take a picture of the mixing light, so here's the best we could do.
Red and Yellow = Orange
Red and Blue = Purple-ish (magenta)
Blue and Yellow didn't make a good picture, sorry.