Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hoppy Spring


The nerd in me couldn't resist the pun. I thought I'd share our spring celebration cake that a colleague and I made for the rest of the lab yesterday. Science is great fun, but so is being creative in an artistic way (especially using yummy cake).  I've pinned a fondant recipe for marshmallow fondant on Pinterest.  Many similar recipes are out there.  This particular one had a decent picture to be pinned (the ingredients).  I also like the author's take on cake is meant to be eaten, so don't worry about it too much.

I liken marshmallow fondant to edible playdough.  Get to playing; it's so much fun :-).

Hope your spring is off to a hoppin' start.  Teehee.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute cake! Marshmallow fondant is on my to-try list - haven't gotten to it yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marshmallow fondant is so fun! It also makes cakes look awesome! Remember that it's really easy for marshmallow fondant to stick to itself via a small amount of water (we typically apply it via clean paper towel). We learned this after trying to use buttercream frosting to stick it together. Good luck and let me know if you need some of our tips :-D

      Delete