Friday, August 19, 2011

Fantasy Friday: Racing ramps

Please, forgive my Paint drawing**  I was going to use enginerdy paper, but I think I'm fresh out...


Anyways here's my brainstorming for this idea.

1. Sturdy interchangeable pieces for designing a fast race car.
2. Starting block that will retract when the race begins. This would allow multiple lanes of race cars to race at the same time.
3.  Pieces to attach to the bottom landing strip with different coefficients of friction (dirt, clay, tile, wood, fake grass, etc).  The top of these pieces would have slate for marking distances the race cars travel (in case the kids want to compare and contrast their results).
4.  Chalk, to mark distances traveled by the race car.

With interchangeable and modular pieces, the designs and learning could go on for hours.  The children could design their car and measure the distance it traveled on the landing strip, and then they can change their car design and try again.  Or, they can try racing their one design on different surfaces.  Or, they can try to optimize with finding the best combination of car and racing surface.  Of course, with multiple lanes, they can also have some friendly competition with their classmates.


**This has to be the best race car I've drawn. J will be so proud of his Mommy.

----
Obligatory vote tag:

As of 9p PST last night, we entered the top 20 for the first time!!!  Now, we have to stay there the rest of August.  Every vote helps!!  Thank you all sooooo very much!!

Please, don't forget to vote online:



**You might have to click the link again once you sign in, in order to vote for my project**


Vote by Text: 107753 to 73774.


Also...

Please use your power votes (codes on specially marked Pepsi products). I got two 50 "power votes" lately with my soda addiction. I'll be happy to use your unused codes too...just send them my way and I'll do the dirty work.

And Follow us on Facebook: NerdyScience


****I'll be giving suggestions for your other votes here. Feel free to help out others! ****

Please use your extra daily votes to support our Partners:

Atwater Classrooms (text 107863 to 73774).

Tech'ing Morganton Day School Classrooms  (text 107954 to 73774)

And very nice supporters, who are giving us lots of votes and encouragements, so please support them with your votes however you can:

Inclusion Project (co-founded by Clay Aiken) (text 108169 to 73774).

Squeeze - Feed, Teach, Nourish (text 107827 to 73774).

Recycling Robot (text 108147 to 73774).

**** Don't forget to use comments, so they know we are supporting them!!! ****

P.S. I love you guys. Thanks for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment